- 14 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, plain undrained
- 14 ounces garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 14 ounces red kidney beans in chili sauce
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup diced parsnip
- 1-2 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 cups v- 8 low-sodium vegetable juice
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon dried chipotle powder or other roasted chili powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place vegetables in slow cooker with squash on the bottom.
- Mix spices with V-8 and honey and pour over vegetables.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and shredded cheese, if desired. Serve.