Advertise Here!!!!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Coffee Mug Cake

A fellow team mate of mine came into our team thread in the forums and said that she was having coffee mug cake for desert. We all wondered what could she mean. Well she came back with this recipe for us...

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if
using)
and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

I am thinking that if you put the dry ingredients in a baggie in a fun mug you could give this as a gift to that hard to buy for person on your Christmas list. I think I may actually do that. I have a few hard to buy for people and I have all of the dry ingredients on hand all the time. hmmmm

4 comments:

tscrapper said...

Great idea! That sounds so yummy!

tscrapper.blogspot.com

Diane Margaret said...

Wow, I am amazed at what people think up! What a creative and fun idea! I agree, it would be a really cute gift!

Fancy said...

yum...I want to try this one!

thatissocute said...

Ha - I'm that team member who shared this recipe... Next time, I'm thinking of substituing applesauce for the oil...maybe I won't have to feel so guilty for getting you all to crave chocolate cake!